Other Forums > Town Hall

How does a church fulfill the great commission?

(1/5) > >>

Soli Deo Gloria:
See what you think of this:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2012/03/01/8-non-negotiables-for-mobilizing-the-local-church-for-accomplishing-the-great-commission/

8 Non-Negotiables for Mobilizing the Local Church for Accomplishing the Great Commission

1. A God-centered God. We must give the people we lead a glimpse of the God-centered God who exalts himself.

2. A word-saturated ministry. We give them a glimpse of the glory of God by giving them the Word of God. It

GraceVessel:
After reading this thought provoking thread... it brings these questions to mind:

1) Even with the doctrinal process we endured during the formation of the church in 1866, the missionary zeal for us as a movement was intact, What influences caused us to leave this initial commitment and sacrificial perspective?

2) Do we exist as a church today to replicate ourselves and insure the survival of the church as paramount?  To put it another way, are we more concerned about "being Adventist"... or putting all our "chips on the table", and casting ourselves into the fray, leaving the results with God?

3) Are our doctrines Christ centered?  Does the methodology in how we share our beliefs / faith in EGW in a Christ centered way?  Daniel and Revelation seminars were based strictly on eschatological knowledge in my exposure.  Are we membership based or faith based?

with kind regards,

Gracevessel

Richard OFfill:
Some thoughts:

1. Could it be that in our evangelism we take it for granted that a person is born again and that a person need only say Yes 28 times.

2. Someone has said that in some meetings Jesus is like book ends - he starts the meeting and finishes it but the in between?

3. I have thought of myself in that it is easier for me to talk about the doctrine - the hows and whats of salvation share a personal testimony.

restoretruth:

"SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST WORLD CHURCH STATISTICS

Soli Deo Gloria:

--- Quote from: Richard OFfill on March 06, 2012, 12:13:16 PM ---Some thoughts:

1. Could it be that in our evangelism we take it for granted that a person is born again and that a person need only say Yes 28 times.

--- End quote ---

Pastor, that is exactly the point that the article I linked to makes:

Maybe one of the reasons so many in the church aren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version